Supertint is Edmonton’s Premiere commercial tinting specialist. We offer SuperTint ™ branded Solar control film and Security and Safety film, as well as Solar Shades.
What Are Commercial Window Films?
These films are specifically designed and manufactured to go on flat pieces of glass — windows in homes or commercial buildings. Most SuperTint flat-glass films are made of two layers of polyester with one or more micro-thin layers of metal between them; clear films have no metallic layer. The type and amount of metal used determines the colour and reflectivity of the film. Some films have a layer of metal between the layers of polyester. In some films, one or both layers of the polyester film may be dyed.
Types of Commercial Window Films available:
- Silver – when maximum heat reduction / glare reduction is most critical.
- Bronze – when heat reduction / glare reduction is important but a silver appearance is not acceptable.
- Neutral Grey – when unobtrusive appearance is paramount.
- Low-E Silver – used when conservation of interior heat is also important.
SuperTint™ Specialty Films
Specialty films are like reproduction parts for really old cars (Kissels and Orients, for example) or obscure, single-purpose woodworking tools (such as tenon cutters or auger gimlets); not everyone needs them (most of us wouldn't even know what they are!), but for those who do, they're absolutely necessary.
Types of Specialty Films Available:
- Obscuring Films – to intentionally completely block all vision through a window unlike frosted films.
- Silver/Bronze Exterior film – similar to SuperTint ™’s R-20 silver film, except it is applied on the outside of a window rather than the inside.
- UVclear – an absolutely clear, museum grade film intended to block all UV light without blocking any light or heat.
- Deluxe / Dyed Reflective Films – used to add architectural interest to an otherwise ordinary building, or to achieve a special look or effect.
To learn more about Interior Roll-Up Solar Shades, click here.